Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Walter Underwood <wa...@gmail.com> on 2017/02/17 23:46:01 UTC

Replicas fail immediately in new collection

Any idea why I would be getting this on a brand new, empty collection on the first update?

	at org.apache.solr.update.TransactionLog.writeCommit(TransactionLog.java:457)

wunder
Walter Underwood
wunder@wunderwood.org

Re: Replicas fail immediately in new collection

Posted by Walter Underwood <wu...@wunderwood.org>.
I finally figured this out yesterday. Because the jar files have the version in the file name, I had a mix of jars from different versions. Depending on the load order, Solr could get into a situation where it was calling something that didn’t exist.

That was mysterious.

wunder
Walter Underwood
wunder@wunderwood.org

Posted by Shalin Shekhar Mangar <sh...@gmail.com>.

<wa...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Any idea why I would be getting this on a brand new, empty collection on the first update?

>         at org.apache.solr.update.TransactionLog.writeCommit(TransactionLog.java:457)
>

> wunder
> Walter Underwood
> wunder@wunderwood.org

Shalin Shekhar Mangar.