Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Ted Husted <hu...@apache.org> on 2002/01/22 21:40:45 UTC

Re: JJAR (aka Car 54), Where Are You? [Was: Re: Commons Conventions innew Sandbox Projects]

Do we really need an automated repository, or just good conventions on
where the JARs for a released version can be found. If the JAR for
Digester 1.0 lived here

http://jakarta.apache.org/builds/jakarta-commons/release/commons-digester/v1.0/

would that be enough?

-- Java Web Development with Struts.
-- Tel +1 585 737-3463.
-- Web http://www.husted.com/struts/

Posted by "Geir Magnusson Jr." <ge...@optonline.net>.

/

> would that be enough?

We need automated for version and dependency fetching, I think.

--
Geir Magnusson Jr.                       geirm@optonline.net
System and Software Consulting

Re: JJAR (aka Car 54), Where Are You? [Was: Re: Commons Conventions innew Sandbox Projects]

Posted by Jason van Zyl <jv...@zenplex.com>.
On 1/22/02 3:40 PM, "Ted Husted" <hu...@apache.org> wrote:

> Do we really need an automated repository, or just good conventions on
> where the JARs for a released version can be found. If the JAR for
> Digester 1.0 lived here

I definitely think it's a good idea. The TDK has a slew of jars, and many of
the Turbine projects were not very build friendly and the little auto jar
downloader I made has made it somewhat easier for people not intimately
familiar with Turbine.

http://jakarta.apache.org/builds/jakarta-commons/release/commons-digester/v1.0>
/

> would that be enough?

> -- Java Web Development with Struts.
> -- Tel +1 585 737-3463.
> -- Web http://www.husted.com/struts/
>

> "Craig R. McClanahan" wrote:
>>
>> On Tue, 22 Jan 2002, Jason van Zyl wrote:
>>

>>> Fixed, I copied the build file from JJAR.
>>>

>> This reminds me of a separate issue ... there's several sandbox packages
>> that haven't been touched for a while, and JJAR (along with CJAN) are two
>> that have periodically been high on peoples's "boy, we really need this"
>> lists.  What's the current state of the world w.r.t. some sort of
>> automated repository for different versions of project JAR files?  Gump
>> does great for giving me the HEAD-branch code -- but what if I want to
>> declare dependencies on specific versions of all my external JARs?
>>
>> Craig
>>
>> --

jvz.

Jason van Zyl