Posted to dev@turbine.apache.org by Eric Pugh <ep...@upstate.com> on 2003/09/17 11:27:32 UTC

RE: cvs commit: jakarta-turbine-2/conf/master turbine-schema.xml TurbineResources.master meta.properties Fulcrum.master

What actually looks at the .master file?  Is it something in the TDK that
you run?  I just think that difficulty (hopefully) of
dealing with the TR.properties file is going to become less and less as we
remove more and more properties from TR.props and place them
into fulcurm components with their .xml config files.

It seems like .master really is a TDK specific implementation of the
properties needed to setup Turbine.  At somepoint, I expect the TDK to have
a TDK specific .xml config files for the various limited set of fulcrum
components needed by the TDK.  And since the .master are a TDK specific
flavour of .properties, then they should be in the TDK.

Not trying to be argumentive, just trying to understand?

Eric

Posted by Daniel Rall <dl...@finemaltcoding.com>.
Once upon a time, the master properties file was used to generate
TR.props at build-time.  This was convenient, as values for
configuration options in TR.props defaults could be overridden when
building Turbine.  I could see how this would be a very useful feature
for the TDK, in addition use by Joe Developer.

Posted by Daniel Rall <dl...@finemaltcoding.com>.