Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Oleg Burlaca <ob...@neonet.md> on 2008/07/26 14:38:21 UTC

ModPerl + Perl 5.10

I read that mod_perl 2.0.4 works with Perl 5.10.
Should I upgrade from 5.8.8. to 5.10?

from perl 5.10 release notes I saw that
"The Perl interpreter itself is faster with a smaller memory footprint,
and has several UTF-8 and threading improvements." etc.

I need a stable Apache + mo_perl + perl combination.
Is perl5.10 + mod_perl2.0.4. the right way to go? (are all perl modules
working ok under 5.10 ?)

Thanks

Re: ModPerl + Perl 5.10

Posted by Torsten Foertsch <to...@gmx.net>.
On Sat 26 Jul 2008, Oleg Burlaca wrote:
> I need a stable Apache + mo_perl + perl combination.
> Is perl5.10 + mod_perl2.0.4. the right way to go?

yes, with prefork mpm.

> (are all perl modules working ok under 5.10 ?)

You can't expect someone to tell you even if all perl modules are
working by their own (without apache+mod_perl). But generally mod_perl2
is quite stable.

Torsten

--
Need professional mod_perl support?