Posted to dev@iotdb.apache.org by Xiangdong Huang <sa...@gmail.com> on 2022/05/09 06:28:45 UTC

discuss about Procedure module

Hi,

I see there is a procedure module on master branch, and there is some
design document [1] about it.

But I still have some questions about the module, and want to have a
discussion:

1. what is it for? (can someone use several sentences or several paragraphs
to introduce it? and put the introduction into a README.md file?) . (and I
can find 11 kinds of implementations ... why..)

2. why the procedure should be considered as a new "module" rather than
just a class "packet"?

[1] https://github.com/apache/iotdb/pull/5477

Best,
Xiangdong Huang
School of Software, Tsinghua University

 黄向东
清华大学 软件学院

Re: discuss about Procedure module

Posted by HW-Chao Wang <57...@qq.com.INVALID>.
The procedure framework is an interface that provides unified state management for those with multiple operations. Ensure consistency by rolling back and retrying. It can be used to deal with fault scenarios. 1. A readme and an example will be written for other developers to use. 2. At that time, it was considered that the procedure could run in a separate process, so it was placed in a separate module. After discussion, the procedure is run in the config node process and will be combined in the next pr. pull/5811。