Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by "Robby Pelssers, AGP" <ro...@agp.nl> on 2006/07/10 10:45:55 UTC

How to overrule the failmessage of the dataType convertor

Hi All,

I am trying to overrule the failmessage (e.g.
"datatype.conversion-faileddatatype.integer") of the dataType convertor of a
fieldWidget.  I can't seem to find back in the documentation how to define
this in a Form Definition.

Anybody a suggestion?

Cheers,
Robby Pelssers
AGP Solutions
Tel: + 31 (0)413 38 77 77
Fax: + 31 (0)413 36 70 25
E-mail: robby.pelssers@agp.nl
Web: http://www.agp.nl

Re: How to overrule the failmessage of the dataType convertor

Posted by Grzegorz Kossakowski <gr...@tuffmail.com>.
Robby Pelssers, AGP napisał(a):
> Hi All,
> I am trying to overrule the failmessage (e.g.
> "datatype.conversion-faileddatatype.integer") of the dataType
> convertor of a fieldWidget. I can't seem to find back in the
> documentation how to define this in a Form Definition.
I'm posting my reply on user mail-list because it's a place where the
question really should have been posted.

AFAIK there is no corresponding to validator's fd:failmessage element
for convertors. However, "datatype.conversion-faileddatatype.integer" is
just a key for I18n transformer [1] and this is preferred way of
resolving error messages. Take a look at CForms samples, all of them use
i18n transformer for error messages.

[1] http://cocoon.apache.org/2.1/userdocs/i18nTransformer.html

--
Grzegorz Kossakowski

Re: How to overrule the failmessage of the dataType convertor

Posted by Grzegorz Kossakowski <gr...@tuffmail.com>.