Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by Jean-Louis 'Hans' Fuchs <je...@adfinis-sygroup.ch> on 2012/03/29 18:41:35 UTC

Solaris Sparc Build Bot?

Hello

It is important to us that the solaris sparc build stays well maintained. Therefore we'd like to have a continuous/nightly build, where developers can check the build logs in order to see whether their latest checkin works on solaris sparc.

I refer to https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INFRA-4197. My questions:

* Does build bot refer to the above?
* Is the there a solaris sparc build bot, already?
* If not, can we run that build bot?
* Is updating the code and calling configure, build enough? I sometimes had to remove .pro directory that my changes got accepted.
* Where do I have to post the results?
* What results have to be sent?

You can find our latest build here: http://adfinis-sygroup.ch/aoo-solaris-sparc

Best,
	Jean-Louis

--
Adfinis SyGroup AG
Jean-Louis 'Hans' Fuchs, Software Engineer

Re: Solaris Sparc Build Bot?

Posted by Andrew Rist <an...@oracle.com>.

On 3/29/2012 9:41 AM, Jean-Louis 'Hans' Fuchs wrote:
> Hello
>
> It is important to us that the solaris sparc build stays well
> maintained. Therefore we'd like to have a continuous/nightly build,
> where developers can check the build logs in order to see whether
> their latest checkin works on solaris sparc.
>
> I refer to https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INFRA-4197. My questions:
>
> * Does build bot refer to the above?
We have Linux64 (ubu10.02) + Win7 +  Linux32 (ubu11.10 - never fully
packaged due to issues with newer ubu)
> * Is the there a solaris sparc build bot, already?
Not yet.  Solaris x86 and Mac are next.  It would also be good to sort
out issues for ubuntu 12 - that would allow us to integrate with their
package delivery system much easier.
> * If not, can we run that build bot?
If I get this question correctly, you are asking to 'supply' the Solaris
buildbot to integrate with the Apache infrastructure.  I don't know of
anything like this at the moment.  I'll ask, but I can think of some
issues relating to pushing stuff back into the Apache Infra after the build.
> * Is updating the code and calling configure, build enough? I
> sometimes had to remove .pro directory that my changes got accepted.
I can provide the buildbot config file that we are using.  (depending on
the platform) we clobber the svn tree and build from scratch.
> * Where do I have to post the results?
> * What results have to be sent?
this would depend on how tightly we could integrate.

> You can find our latest build here:
> http://adfinis-sygroup.ch/aoo-solaris-sparc
excellent

--

Andrew Rist | Interoperability Architect
OracleCorporate Architecture Group