Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Mike Klein <mi...@sbcglobal.net> on 2006/05/27 16:46:38 UTC

How to get process/threads dump when running tomcat in console

I have a webapp with some "problem" libraries (FreeTTS...speechSynth)
that aren't freeing up when I call "deallocate" methods on synthesizer.

As a result, I cannot programmatically undeploy/redeploy webapp without
tomcat getting mangled....end result is jars under web-inf/lib are still
there after undeploy.

How can I get thread dump via Ctrl-Break as normally in Java? I need to
see who's still hanging around in memory.

thanks much...

Re: How to get process/threads dump when running tomcat in console

Posted by Martin Gainty <mg...@hotmail.com>.
To extend Leon's thought a bit within cygwin you could
ps -ef  | grep ProcessName
note the pid's and perform leon's suggestion
Unfortunately windows binaries (exe/dll) live in a separate environment
If you desire fine grained control I would recommend MKS available at
http://www.mkssoftware.com/eval/
HTH,
Martin --

I'm not sure, but I think cygwin is able of sending signals.
leon

Posted by Leon Rosenberg <ro...@googlemail.com>.

Posted by Mike Klein <mi...@sbcglobal.net>.

Posted by Leon Rosenberg <ro...@googlemail.com>.
on linux ->

Posted by Jerome Jar <iu...@gmail.com>.
maybe you can try antiJARLocking and antiResourceLocking, though they
only *SOMETIMES* worked for me :S