Posted to j-users@xalan.apache.org by Adam A R <aa...@sybase.co.jp> on 2002/10/02 12:39:30 UTC

Compiled stylesheet disappearing into thin air

Hi All,

I am using Xalan to transform XML using compiled stylesheets from
a servlet.

The XSLTC class does not throw any error when compiling.
Therefore, I tried getting errors. This is what I get.

  Compiler error(s):
    org/apache/xalan/xsltc/compiler/CUP$XPathParser$actions

No classes are generated by the compile method of XSLTC.

subsequently I get exception, when I try to load the (supposed to
be)generated class.

The output from EnvironmentCheck run manually inside the servlet
is attached with this email.

Please point to any mistake I may be doing. Or any smoke tests to
find any configuration issue.

-Adam

Re: Compiled stylesheet disappearing into thin air

Posted by Santiago Pericas-Geertsen <Sa...@sun.com>.
> Hi All,
>
> I am using Xalan to transform XML using compiled stylesheets from
> a servlet.
>
> The XSLTC class does not throw any error when compiling.
> Therefore, I tried getting errors. This is what I get.
>
>   Compiler error(s):
>     org/apache/xalan/xsltc/compiler/CUP$XPathParser$actions

 Adam,

 How are you trying to compile the stylesheet? Are you using TrAX? What do
you mean by "the XSLTC class"? Is this the same as
org.apache.xalan.xsltc.cmdline.Compile?

 If you trying to use XSLTC's native API, you should use the class
org.apache.xalan.xsltc.cmdline.Compile as a template. Most users will prefer
the TrAX API (http://xml.apache.org/xalan-j/trax.html), though, as it is
both easier to understand and portable across different processors.

-- Santiago