Posted to dev@xmlbeans.apache.org by "Springer, Ian P." <ia...@hp.com> on 2005/05/25 02:50:15 UTC

RE: XMLBeans and SAAJ

I never got a reply from my post to the users list. I'll try reposting
it to dev. From looking at their source, I think you would do something
like:

XmlOptions xmlOpts = new XmlOptions();
Saaj saaj = new ?????();
xmlOpts.put( Saaj.SAAJ_IMPL, saaj );
XmlObject xBean = XmlObject.Factory.parse( new File(
"SoapEnvelopeInstance.xml" ), xmlOpts );
System.out.println( xBean instanceof SOAPEnvelope );
// the returned XMLBean magically implements SOAPEnvelope, proxying its
methods to the Saaj impl under the covers

The only problem is I don't see any implementations of the Saaj
interface in the XMLBeans code base. I'm not sure if users are expected
to write their own impl of Saaj. If this is the case, it would be
helpful if an example/default impl was provided.

Would someone from the XMLBeans dev team please shed some light on how
to use this feature?

Thanks in advance,
Ian