Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Victor Martinez <vi...@ariceta.com> on 2001/08/31 11:58:25 UTC

Book

Does anybody knows a book about Tomcat? I´m looking for one and i haven´t
seen anything...

Un saludo.

Victor Martinez Conte (victor.martinez@ariceta.com)
Analista funcional

Ariceta & Asociados  http://www.ariceta.com
Grupo IT Deusto
Alberto Alcocer 24, 7ª Planta 28036 - Madrid
Tel: 91 457 63 04  Fax: 91 457 92 17

Re: Book

Posted by Stefano Locatelli <s....@sindata.it>.
:-( Sorry!
The idea was to send titles to my other mail account...
It's to early in the morning... :-)

--
Stefano Locatelli
Posted by Stefano Locatelli <s....@sindata.it>.

--
Stefano Locatelli

RE: RE: Book

Posted by Filip Hanik <ma...@filip.net>.
http://tomcatbook.sourceforge.net/

http://www.filip.net/tomcatbook/TomcatInterceptors.html

Filip

~
Namaste - I bow to the divine in you
~
Filip Hanik
Software Architect
filip@filip.net
www.filip.net

RE: RE: Book

Posted by Victor Martinez <vi...@ariceta.com>.

Re: Book

RE: Book

Posted by Victor Martinez <vi...@ariceta.com>.

Re: Book

Posted by Dmitri Colebatch <di...@bigpond.net.au>.
On Fri, 31 Aug 2001, mazzen al-najjar wrote:
> Victor Martinez wrote:
> > Does anybody knows a book about Tomcat? I�m looking for one and i haven�t
> > seen anything...
>
> an opinion i don't find expressed in the archives, so i'll say it once:
>
> just about every book on jsp or servlets ever published uses tomcat as
> the example engine. they may not have "tomcat" in the title, but they

there is also the fact that you are not (or shouldn't be) developing
applicaitons for "tomcat" but rather for a "servlet engine" that supports
the spec (2.2 or 2.3).  If you do this a) you can follow the rules laid
out in the spec, which has very good coverage imho, and b) swap easily
between servlet containers.

cheesr
dim

RE: Book

Posted by Victor Martinez <vi...@ariceta.com>.
> just about every book on jsp or servlets ever published uses tomcat as
> the example engine. they may not have "tomcat" in the title, but they
> all shows how to do the things described in the books specifically with
> tomcat. pick one. there are dozens. just imagine the title has "with
> tomcat" appended to the end. most of them will have at least one chapter
> on how to set up tomcat for the examples in the books. some books won't
> go much beyond how to embed java in a page while some will spend a few
> hundred pages on taglibs. but you have to look hard to find a current
> jsp or servlet book that doesn't tell how to do whatever it's describing
> specifically with tomcat. they might not detail administrivia about how
> to integrate tomcat with this or that web server, but that docs do that
> -more than well enough-. indeed, they do it -really, really- well.
>
> a year ago, i didn't even know how to spell tomcat. i picked up a pretty
> horrible book from sams publishing called _pure jsp_ and within a day i
> had a working application for database queries at work using tomcat.
> it's embarrassing how much information on tomcat is available at any
> backwater barnes and noble. if i'd known it was so easy, i would have
> done it a long time ago.

Yes. But i don't need a simple book saing "just intall and go". I have read
many books about servlets and JSP, and they use Tomcat, but they don´t cover
all configuration. Many of them just install Tomcat and uses the "Hello
World" example.
I´m searching for thread pool configuration, ajp13 tunning and so.

Re: Book

Posted by mazzen al-najjar <if...@yahoo.com>.
Victor Martinez wrote:
> Does anybody knows a book about Tomcat? I´m looking for one and i haven´t
> seen anything...

an opinion i don't find expressed in the archives, so i'll say it once:

just about every book on jsp or servlets ever published uses tomcat as
the example engine. they may not have "tomcat" in the title, but they
all shows how to do the things described in the books specifically with
tomcat. pick one. there are dozens. just imagine the title has "with
tomcat" appended to the end. most of them will have at least one chapter
on how to set up tomcat for the examples in the books. some books won't
go much beyond how to embed java in a page while some will spend a few
hundred pages on taglibs. but you have to look hard to find a current
jsp or servlet book that doesn't tell how to do whatever it's describing
specifically with tomcat. they might not detail administrivia about how
to integrate tomcat with this or that web server, but that docs do that
-more than well enough-. indeed, they do it -really, really- well.

a year ago, i didn't even know how to spell tomcat. i picked up a pretty
horrible book from sams publishing called _pure jsp_ and within a day i
had a working application for database queries at work using tomcat.
it's embarrassing how much information on tomcat is available at any
backwater barnes and noble. if i'd known it was so easy, i would have
done it a long time ago.

mazzy