Posted to users@qpid.apache.org by Robbie Gemmell <ro...@gmail.com> on 2018/04/25 20:50:22 UTC

[VOTE] Release Apache Qpid Proton-J 0.27.1

I have put together a spin for a Qpid Proton-J 0.27.1 release, please
test it and vote accordingly.

The source and binary archives can be grabbed from:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/qpid/proton-j/0.27.1-rc1/

The maven artifacts are staged for now at:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheqpid-1138

The only change is https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/PROTON-1836, which
affects use of some new functionality added in 0.27.0.

Regards,
Robbie

P.S. If you want to test things out using maven with your own build
you can temporarily add this to your poms to access the staging repo:

  <repositories>
    <repository>
      <id>staging</id>
      <url>https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheqpid-1138</url>
    </repository>
  </repositories>

The dependency for proton-j would then be:

  <dependency>
    <groupId>org.apache.qpid</groupId>
    <artifactId>proton-j</artifactId>
    <version>0.27.1</version>
  </dependency>

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Qpid Proton-J 0.27.1

Posted by Timothy Bish <ta...@gmail.com>.
On 04/25/2018 04:50 PM, Robbie Gemmell wrote:
> I have put together a spin for a Qpid Proton-J 0.27.1 release, please
> test it and vote accordingly.
>
> The source and binary archives can be grabbed from:
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/qpid/proton-j/0.27.1-rc1/
>
> The maven artifacts are staged for now at:
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheqpid-1138
>
> The only change is https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/PROTON-1836, which
> affects use of some new functionality added in 0.27.0.
>
> Regards,
> Robbie
>
> P.S. If you want to test things out using maven with your own build
> you can temporarily add this to your poms to access the staging repo:
>
>    <repositories>
>      <repository>
>        <id>staging</id>
>        <url>https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheqpid-1138</url>
>      </repository>
>    </repositories>
>
> The dependency for proton-j would then be:
>
>    <dependency>
>      <groupId>org.apache.qpid</groupId>
>      <artifactId>proton-j</artifactId>
>      <version>0.27.1</version>
>    </dependency>

+1

* Verified signatures and checksums
* Built from source and ran tests
* Built ActiveMQ 5.x using staged binaries and ran the AMQP tests
* Built ActiveMQ Artemis using staged binaries and ran the AMQP tests
* Built Qpid JMS using staged artifacts and ran the tests.

--
Tim Bish
twitter: @tabish121

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Qpid Proton-J 0.27.1

Posted by Gordon Sim <gs...@redhat.com>.
On 25/04/18 21:50, Robbie Gemmell wrote:
> I have put together a spin for a Qpid Proton-J 0.27.1 release, please
> test it and vote accordingly.

+1 built from source including tests

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Qpid Proton-J 0.27.1

Posted by Keith W <ke...@gmail.com>.
+1

* Built and ran tests from source bundle (Java 1.8.0_162-b12, Mac OS X 10.11.6)
* Ran Broker-J's JMS client integration test suites against staged
artefacts with a Qpid JMS master build (mvn integration-test
-DskipTests -DskipITs=false)

Posted by Robbie Gemmell <ro...@gmail.com>.