Posted to user@openmeetings.apache.org by Milan Pesic <il...@gmail.com> on 2015/09/06 04:47:58 UTC

Cant make RED5 strartup with system boot

Hi, I have a problem making red5 script auto start properly.

When I make the script start through rc.local it starts with the system
boot and everything is working except uploading ppt, doc and similar files
(jpeg and pdf is working).  Same problem if I make the script start with
system boot via Webmin.

When I start the script manually through terminal, everything is working
like it should.

I hope somebody can help.

Regards,
Milan

Re: Cant make RED5 strartup with system boot

Posted by Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com>.
I'm usually using start_stop_daemon to start stop jobs, but

I would recommend to
1) check process details after service is started
2) add HOME=$RED5_HOME to the script (sometimes scripts are not working in
case HOME is not set)

Cosmetics:
start_red5="$RED5_HOME/red5.sh start"
should be
start_red5=$RED5_HOME/red5.sh

and
stop_red5="$RED5_HOME/red5-shutdown.sh stop"
should be

--
WBR
Maxim aka solomax

Re: Cant make RED5 strartup with system boot

Posted by Milan Pesic <il...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com>.

--
WBR
Maxim aka solomax

Re: Cant make RED5 strartup with system boot

Posted by Milan Pesic <il...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com>.
What OS are you using?

--