Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Mark Chaimungkalanont <ma...@atlassian.com> on 2006/07/12 05:11:49 UTC

Running a Test suite with surefire

Guys & Gals,

I think I must be missing something quite obvious here. I'm trying to run a Test suite
(defined in the static suite() method in a class) through surefire.

So I have a class with the method:

JettyAcceptanceTestHarness.java >>

     public static Test suite() throws IOException...

And I've tried to get the test to run by specifying:

<plugin>
   <executions>
     <execution>
       <phase>integration-test</phase>
       <goals>
         <goal>test</goal>
       </goals>
       <configuration>
         <includes>
           <include>**/*JettyAcceptanceTestHarness.java</include>
         </includes>
       </configuration>
     </execution>
   </executions>
</plugin>

which seems to pick up the class fine, but try to run the class as a standard test case,
rather than pick up the suite?

Is there anyway you can get surefire to pick this up?

I've tried searching the mail archives, but since the problem is quite simple / generic, I
haven't been able to find any post matching this.

Any help will be tops!

Cheers,

Mark C