Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Ja...@usitc.gov on 2007/07/20 15:39:34 UTC

Overriding Exception Page in Library module.

Greetings:

I'm trying to override the infrastructure property for exceptionPageName
in the hivemodule.xml for a common library module in our application.

The page definition in my tapestry library file looks like:

<page name="Edis3ApplicationException"
specification-path="pages/Edis3ApplicationException.page"/>

The definition in my hivemodule.xml for the same library looks like:

<contribution configuration-id="tapestry.InfrastructureOverrides">
		<property name="exceptionPageName"
value="Edis3ApplicationException" />
</contribution>

The library is included in a number of our presentation .application
files like this:

    <library id="branding"
specification-path="/gov/usitc/tapestry/Edis3Contrib.library"/>

When I trigger the error page in one of presentation applications that
imports the library containing the error page infrastructure override I
get a Page not found in Namespace exception:

javax.servlet.ServletException: Page 'Edis3ApplicationException' not
found in application namespace.

org.apache.tapestry.services.impl.WebRequestServicerPipelineBridge.servi
ce(WebRequestServicerPipelineBridge.java:60)

$ServletRequestServicer_113e3cc130f.service($ServletRequestServicer_113e
3cc130f.java)

org.apache.tapestry.request.DecodedRequestInjector.service(DecodedReques
tInjector.java:55)

$ServletRequestServicerFilter_113e3cc130b.service($ServletRequestService
rFilter_113e3cc130b.java)

$ServletRequestServicer_113e3cc1311.service($ServletRequestServicer_113e
3cc1311.java)
... plus much more.

What do I need to do to enable the framework to identify this page and
use it as the default Exception page within any application importing
our common library.

Help,

-jason

Re: Overriding Exception Page in Library module.

Posted by Igor Drobiazko <ig...@gmail.com>.
Hi,
try <property name="exceptionPageName"
value="branding:Edis3ApplicationException" />

br, Igor