Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Da...@sungard.com on 2010/01/14 17:27:40 UTC

Corrupt Jar Downloads

Hello All,

Within the past two weeks our Proximity instance has been sending
corrupt jars.  We've researched the issue and either one of two things
are happening, either the Maven central repo is sending corrupted jars
(unlikely) or our Proximity instance is corrupting them somehow.  Has
anyone else run into this problem within the last two weeks?  We have
tried deleting the jars from the users local repo and the from Proximity
but the jars are still getting corrupted somehow.

Thanks,

David Williams

Re: Corrupt Jar Downloads

Posted by Tamás Cservenák <ta...@cservenak.net>.
Yup,

Try to discover did your IT deploy something like transparent proxy,
firewall, or maybe virus scanner.
And definitely upgrade to Nexus. It is more sophisticated then good old
Proximity ;)

Thanks,
~t~

Re: Corrupt Jar Downloads

Posted by Brian Fox <br...@infinity.nu>.

Re: Corrupt Jar Downloads

Posted by Wayne Fay <wa...@gmail.com>.
> Per the meta-data they are coming from http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/.
> I'll check the config files to confirm it.  We are considering upgrading to
> Nexus since we have this problem.

Do check this -- Maven2 sometimes lies about where files are coming
from depending on how you have mirrors configured etc.

I would also try a Nexus install alongside your current Proximity and
see if that changes things. Proximity is pretty old and Tamás has
joined Sonatype, so Nexus is a logical upgrade for your group.

Wayne

RE: Corrupt Jar Downloads

Posted by Da...@sungard.com.
Per the meta-data they are coming from http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/.  I'll check the config files to confirm it.  We are considering upgrading to Nexus since we have this problem.

Thanks,

David

> are happening, either the Maven central repo is sending corrupted jars
> (unlikely) or our Proximity instance is corrupting them somehow.  Has
> anyone else run into this problem within the last two weeks?  We have

Which jars? Are you sure they are coming from Central and not a
mirror? I've seen numerous reports on this list of problems due to
downloading jars from bad/incorrectly configured mirrors and the
dev.java.net repos.

Wayne

Re: Corrupt Jar Downloads

Posted by Wayne Fay <wa...@gmail.com>.