Posted to dev@kylin.apache.org by "Liangfei.Su" <su...@gmail.com> on 2016/02/03 04:35:00 UTC

[DISCUSS] Query explanation

Hi, Kylin Community

When troubleshooting kylin query, we could use "Insight" tab to issue
query, then checking the kylin.log. This definitely the right way, but make
it only available to kylin admin who can access the kylin log.

Since most query system provide query explanation(same as calcite), Kylin
might also output query explanation in response. Say when issue query with
explain=true , the query response would return structured explanation, like
how many htable touched, how many records read from each htable and the
time consumption.

Both kylin owner and user should benefit from such feature for
troubleshooting and query tuning.

I filed KYLIN-1398, any comments? Please suggest.

Thanks,
Ralph

Re: [DISCUSS] Query explanation

Posted by Luke Han <lu...@gmail.com>.
I think we should keep same as Hive/MySQL one, then some JDBC/ODBC tool
could leverage it.

Thanks.

Best Regards!
---------------------

Luke Han

Posted by "Liangfei.Su" <su...@gmail.com>.

Posted by hongbin ma <ma...@apache.org>.

Posted by hongbin ma <ma...@apache.org>.
​query engine changed a lot in 2.x. If it's too much duplicate work I think
it is reasonable to skip the 1.x branch. after all we don't need to port

Posted by "Liangfei.Su" <su...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Luke Han <lu...@gmail.com>.

Posted by "Liangfei.Su" <su...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Luke Han <lu...@gmail.com>.