Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Corey Scott <co...@gmail.com> on 2004/11/24 20:19:04 UTC

[email][gump] Currently email is failing in gump

[email] is currently failing in gump, it complains about some dumbster
methods.  Now I took a look at it (read I havent a clue re: gump) and
noticed that the build-gump.xml file is 2 years old.  Does this mean
its not in use?

I run the maven gump goal and get a completely different output from
this file.  Conclusion, I am extremely confused and if anyone could
point me in the right direction in regard to how to diagnose and fix
the problem, I would greatly appreciate it.

Also, I am not sure it is relevant or not, but the email gump build
report says dumbster 1.5 and the gump report (common) says 1.3.

Thanks,
Corey

Re: [email][gump] Currently email is failing in gump

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.
On Thu, 25 Nov 2004, Eric Pugh <ep...@upstate.com> wrote:

> Can you possible remove the older dumbster.jar file as an installed
> package?

Once I see success with building it, yes ;-)

Stefan

RE: [email][gump] Currently email is failing in gump

Posted by Eric Pugh <ep...@upstate.com>.
Okay, the change was made.  Can you possible remove the older dumbster.jar
file as an installed package?

Eric

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.

Posted by Eric Pugh <ep...@upstate.com>.
This is precisely why the gump folks hate installing a packaged jar instead
of building from CVS each jar.  Gump has installed dumbster version 1.3, and
we are now using 1.5, which has some API changes.  (Typo's were fixed).

We are NOT using the build-gump.xml, I'll remove it now prior to leaving
sandbox.  I'll take a look at trying to get dumbster to build in gump from
source.  If you get motivated, email me what you think the gump script
should be..  lots of other SF.net hosted projects are built this way..

I won't get to it till tomarrow however..

Eric