Posted to dev@tomee.apache.org by Karan Malhi <ka...@gmail.com> on 2007/08/31 07:37:48 UTC

[QUESTION]Deployment Issue - OpenEJB-673

If i try to deploy an already deployed module, then I get an exception
and a  stack trace of the exception.

This is in the o.a.o.config.Deploy class' checkDest() method

So, what checkDest is doing is that it is just checking for the
existence of a the jar file and if it  exists, it throws an exception.

Here is what I did which concerns me
1. Created an ejb jar named greeting.jar , placed it in the apps
directory, deployed it -- worked fine
2. Added another ejb to greeting.jar, replaced the old one, deployed
it -- Got an exception

I should not get an exception. It should actually deploy the new ejb
in greeting.jar or to start with , it could deploy all ejb's in the
jar. We can worry about differential deployment later.

David had earlier made a DirectoryMonitor, and I was thinking that we
should use that for Deployment. We should also have a FileMonitor to
monitor individual jars, basically to check for changes.
DirectoryMonitor could be enhanced to use FileMonitor for individual
jars in the Directory. Deploy could then use the DirectoryMonitor to
get all jars which changed and just deploy the changed jars instead of
throwing an exception.

What do you think? Is there a better way to do it?
--
Karan Singh Malhi