Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Andreas Andersson <an...@travelstart.se> on 2005/03/23 14:32:27 UTC

different versions of libraries

Hi!

I need to use a really new version of xalan/xerces in one of my
applications. Where should I put the .jars to make application specific?

Is it even possible?
--
Andreas Andersson
IT Dept.

Re: different versions of libraries

Posted by David Smith <dn...@cornell.edu>.
WEB-INF/lib of the app you need it in.  That's the simple answer.  For a
complete answer, read:

http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-5.0-doc/class-loader-howto.html

and the servlet spec

--David

mutliple instances of same web app running?

Posted by Pete Guyatt <pg...@telesoft-technologies.com>.
Hi All,

I hope that someone can help as we are pulling our hair out here.

We are running tomcat5.5.7 on solaris.

Basically we only have one web application on each syetm and we are trying
to change the URL so that we can just type in http://127.0.0.1 address
rather than http://127.0.0.1:8080/scs and make this load our web application
automatically.

We have changed the /conf/server.xml and added the Context line shown below
in red after the first line of the host as shown below.

<Host name="localhost" appBase="webapps" unpackWARs="true"
autoDeploy="false" deployOnStartup="false" loadOnStartup="false"

<Context path="" docBase="scs/" debug="0" />

When we stop and start tomcat we get exceptions that is caused by two
instances of the same application running.  We have tried a few things and
looked for solutions and none seem to solve the problem.

Any information would be greatly appreciated,

Pete