Posted to dev@harmony.apache.org by lyon <us...@gmail.com> on 2008/04/22 11:18:40 UTC

[drlvm][gc]about MARK_BIT_FLIPPING

hi all,
In the gcv5, MARK_BIT_FLIPPING noly used by in the nongen algorithm.Is
it true?
In the trace_forward and semi_space algorithm ,I found that is true.
why?
thanks
liaoyin

Re: [drlvm][gc]about MARK_BIT_FLIPPING

Posted by Xiao-Feng Li <xi...@gmail.com>.
Because generational mode doesn't need that. It's used because, in
non-gen mode, the MOS is traced as well, their mark bit is set and
kept there till next collection. To tell their status, you need
another bit (the flipped bit).

Please refer to my blog article "[Harmony GC Internal] Mark bit
design", at http://xiao-feng.blogspot.com/2008/01/harmony-gc-internal-mark-bit-design.html

Thanks,
xiaofeng

--