Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Manoj Kasichainula <ma...@io.com> on 1997/10/19 21:04:00 UTC

Red Hat getting ready to distribute 1.1.3

Just checked out Red Hat's beta for their new Linux distribution
(v5.0), and it uses Apache 1.1.3. Would it be appropriate for someone
from here to ask them nicely to use 1.2.4 or the future 1.2.5?

Sigh... Debian is looking better and better everyday.

"This show is sort of like a circus, right?" - Mark Mullen
"Sort of?" - Thalia Assuras

Re: Red Hat getting ready to distribute 1.1.3

Posted by Manoj Kasichainula <ma...@io.com>.
On Sun, Oct 19, 1997 at 03:04:00PM -0400, Manoj Kasichainula wrote:
> Just checked out Red Hat's beta for their new Linux distribution
> (v5.0), and it uses Apache 1.1.3. Would it be appropriate for someone
> from here to ask them nicely to use 1.2.4 or the future 1.2.5?

Just checked, and they have an RPM package of 1.2.4 in their
development directory.

"Hypocrisy is the greatest luxury." - Disposable Heroes of Hiphoprisy

Re: Red Hat getting ready to distribute 1.1.3

Posted by Marc Slemko <ma...@worldgate.com>.
On Sun, 19 Oct 1997, Manoj Kasichainula wrote:

> Just checked out Red Hat's beta for their new Linux distribution
> (v5.0), and it uses Apache 1.1.3. Would it be appropriate for someone
> from here to ask them nicely to use 1.2.4 or the future 1.2.5?

Yes.  And to tell them that we no longer support 1.1, if any of their
customers have a problem using it we will tell them that we can't help
them since their vendor is shipping a completely obsolete version of the
product and that they should complain to their vendor or get a real
distribution.

I would rant at them (I'm in a ranting mood; NP completeness can do that
to your) but I'm not a Linux type of guy and know nothing about RedHat.