Posted to dev@deltaspike.apache.org by Rudy De Busscher <rd...@gmail.com> on 2012/12/01 19:30:53 UTC

Integration testing not possible with current version of WLS12c

All,

I had some time today to have a look at the problems with the integration
tests on WLS12c server. (DELTASPIKE-261)

I created a web application that performs the same test as described in
org.apache.deltaspike.test.security.impl.authorization.securitybinding.SecurityBindingTest#simpleInterceptorTest

At the end, it seams that DeltaSpike has the same issue as CODI when it
comes to CDI extensions in WLS12c.  A possible solution is to unjar the
deltaspike jar files into the classes directory as described here for CODI
(2)

I tried to change the shrinkwrap war creation to simulate the unjarring of
the artifacts but I wasn't successful.  But in any case, I think we can't
use WLS12c any longer as one of the containers that we use for integration
testing of DeltaSpike.

As Joseph Snyder mentioned in a mail back in march, we can only hope for a
new release of the app server by the end of the year.

Regards
Rudy

(1) : https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DELTASPIKE-261
(2) :
http://jsfcorner.blogspot.com/2012/01/codi-on-oracle-weblogic-server-12c.html

Re: Integration testing not possible with current version of WLS12c

Posted by Gerhard Petracek <ge...@gmail.com>.
hi rudy,

thx for the info!

regards,
gerhard

Posted by Gerhard Petracek <ge...@gmail.com>.
hi john,

currently we don't have a ci-job for it.
-> it would be great if you could create one (the ds-build is ready for it)
and forward the reports to the commits-list.

regards,
gerhard

Posted by "John D. Ament" <jo...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Rudy De Busscher <rd...@gmail.com>.
This is what I execute

*set WLS_HOME=C:\wls12c\wlserver_12.1
call mvn clean install -Pwls-remote-12c > C:\myfaces\wls-integration.log*

where the WLS_HOME contains a default installation with the Windows
Installer (1)

regards
Rudy

(1) :