Posted to xindice-dev@xml.apache.org by Wouter de Vaal <wo...@hotmail.com> on 2004/06/01 14:02:48 UTC

Problem using CustomDocuments in MetaData for collections

Hi,

I'm trying to use the custom document part of meta data and experiencing some problems.
If I add meta data to a collection or document all the attribute stuff shows up in the ugly browser and in my code
when I do a retrieve of that meta data via the MetaService, however I've also set some custom xml to the MetaData using
meta.setCustomDocument(DOMParser.toDocument(someXMLString));

and this doesn't show up in the ugly browser (any attributes on the meta data do show in the uglybrowser)
and also when I try to retrieve it using

meta.getCustomDocument()

it returns null. Is this feature not implemented or maybe am I doing something wrong?

Regards,

Wouter de Vaal

Re: Problem using CustomDocuments in MetaData for collections

Posted by Vadim Gritsenko <va...@reverycodes.com>.
Wouter de Vaal wrote:

>>Wouter de Vaal wrote:
>>

>>>I'm trying to use the custom document part of meta data and
>>>experiencing some problems.
>>>If I add meta data to a collection or document all the attribute stuff
>>>shows up in the ugly browser and in my code
>>>when I do a retrieve of that meta data via the MetaService, however
>>>I've also set some custom xml to the MetaData using
>>>
>>>meta.setCustomDocument(DOMParser.toDocument(someXMLString));
>>>
>>>and this doesn't show up in the ugly browser (any attributes on the
>>>meta data do show in the uglybrowser)
>>>and also when I try to retrieve it using
>>>

>>>meta.getCustomDocument()
>>>
>>>it returns null. Is this feature not implemented or maybe am I doing
>>>something wrong?
>>>

>>Did you set meta after setCustomDocument using
>>MetaService.setMetaData(id, meta) method?
>>

>Nope, before, first create meta data object and call setCustomDocument and
>then call setMetaData.
>The custom document just doesn't show up in the database...

I just committed a fix for handling custom meta data documents, together
with unit test for it:

http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/xml-xindice/java/tests/src/org/apache/xindice/integration/client/services/MetaTest.java?rev=1.5&view=markup

See the last method, testSetDocumentCustomMetaData.

Vadim

Re: Problem using CustomDocuments in MetaData for collections

Posted by Wouter de Vaal <wo...@hotmail.com>.
> Wouter de Vaal wrote:
>
> > I'm trying to use the custom document part of meta data and
> > experiencing some problems.
> > If I add meta data to a collection or document all the attribute stuff
> > shows up in the ugly browser and in my code
> > when I do a retrieve of that meta data via the MetaService, however
> > I've also set some custom xml to the MetaData using
> >
> > meta.setCustomDocument(DOMParser.toDocument(someXMLString));
> >
> > and this doesn't show up in the ugly browser (any attributes on the
> > meta data do show in the uglybrowser)
> > and also when I try to retrieve it using
> >

> > meta.getCustomDocument()
> >
> > it returns null. Is this feature not implemented or maybe am I doing
> > something wrong?
> >

> Did you set meta after setCustomDocument using
> MetaService.setMetaData(id, meta) method?

Nope, before, first create meta data object and call setCustomDocument and
then call setMetaData.
The custom document just doesn't show up in the database...

Wouter

Re: Problem using CustomDocuments in MetaData for collections

Posted by Vadim Gritsenko <va...@reverycodes.com>.