Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Benjamin Hille <be...@notuskey.com> on 2001/10/03 17:49:59 UTC

Catlina with JBoss 2.4.1

Hello,
I am having trouble with calling JBoss 2.4.1 beans from Catalina shipped
with Turbine 2.1. Turbine and JBoss run on different VM.
I have followed the JBOSS howto provided with Turbine and taken care of
removing the jndi realted jars from the WEPPAPPS/apps/lib. The context
declaration is slightly different with JBoss 2.4.1 so I have modified that
to the following as stated in JBoss doc:

            System.setProperty("java.naming.factory.initial",
"org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContextFactory");
            System.setProperty("java.naming.provider.url",
"jnp://192.168.10.101:1099");

System.setProperty("java.naming.factory.url.pkgs","org.jboss.naming:org.jnp.
interfaces");

I can get the EJB home and call the finder findAll on the bean but when I
try to call an accessor I get the following:

Starting service Tomcat-Standalone
Apache Tomcat/4.0-b6-dev
Starting service Tomcat-Apache
Apache Tomcat/4.0-b6-dev
java.lang.reflect.UndeclaredThrowableException:
java.net.MalformedURLException: unknown protocol: jndi
        at
sun.rmi.transport.StreamRemoteCall.exceptionReceivedFromServer(StreamRemoteC
all.java:245)
        at
sun.rmi.transport.StreamRemoteCall.executeCall(StreamRemoteCall.java:220)
        at
org.jboss.ejb.plugins.jrmp.server.JRMPContainerInvoker_Stub.invoke(Unknown
Source)
        at
org.jboss.ejb.plugins.jrmp.interfaces.GenericProxy.invokeContainer(GenericPr
oxy.java:357)
        at
org.jboss.ejb.plugins.jrmp.interfaces.EntityProxy.invoke(EntityProxy.java:13
3)
        at $Proxy1.getName(Unknown Source)
        at
com.notuskey.gui.modules.screens.ChooseRegulation.getCountries(ChooseRegulat
ion.java:106)
        at
com.notuskey.gui.modules.screens.ChooseRegulation.doBuildTemplate(ChooseRegu
lation.java:85)
        at
org.apache.turbine.modules.screens.VelocitySecureScreen.doBuildTemplate(Velo
citySecureScreen.java:103)

Has anyone got a solution ?

Thank you very much
Benjamin