Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by bbuzzard <Bi...@bnsflogistics.com> on 2017/09/12 16:45:06 UTC

JMX MemoryPercentUsage Not Changing

I'm using two ActiveMQ-5.5.1 with a NetworkBridge between them.  I set
log4j.logger.org.apache.activemq=DEBUG in log4j.properties on the receiving
broker.  The receiving broker's logs are showing:

2017-09-05 15:49:17,270 | DEBUG | default:memory:queue://RECEIVER:memory:
usage change from: 5% of available memory, to: 0% of available memory |
org.apache.activemq.usage.Usage | VMTransport: vm://localhost#3

I've watched the logs long enough to see the usage go up to 70% before
ramping back down, but when I view the MemoryPercentUsage using JMX and
JConsole it's stuck on zero.  I've watched the MemoryPercentUsage for thirty
minutes and I still haven't seen a change eventhough the memory usage in the
log file changes.

Why is the MemoryPercentUsage stuck on zero?

Re: JMX MemoryPercentUsage Not Changing

Posted by bbuzzard <Bi...@bnsflogistics.com>.
I only searched for MemoryPrecentUsage in the forum.  I'll check the JIRA's
and try to figure out when it was fixed.  Once again, thank you.

Re: JMX MemoryPercentUsage Not Changing

Posted by Tim Bain <tb...@alumni.duke.edu>.
If I recall correctly, there were a number of bugs related to statistics
and JMX status that were fixed in the 5.6-5.9 range, so it's possible that
this issue has already been fixed in a later version. (Did you search JIRA
before posting this question?)

Because of that possibility, it's unlikely that anyone will put much effort
into investigating unless you can show it happens in a recent version.

Tim