Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Niral Trivedi <ni...@planet.net> on 2000/04/04 22:51:54 UTC

Apache::DBI problem..

All..

I am new to mod_perl so, please forgive me if this questions sounds
stupid..

I have successfully installed mod_perl 1.22 and Apache 1.3.12 under
BSD/OS BSDI 3.1 And able to run normal cgi script... But problem occurs
while I am trying to run script with DBI..

I have successfully installed Apache::DBI from CPAN site which is
version 0.87

When I am trying to start Apache after installing Apache::DBI, I am
getting following errors:
Syntax error on line 935 of
/zen/home/niral/Apache/apache/conf/httpd.conf:
Can't load '/usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/i386-bsdos/auto/DBI/DBI.o'
for module DBI: can't resolve undefined symbols: Inappropriate file type
or format at /usr/local/lib/perl5/i386-bsdos/5.00401/DynaLoader.pm line
155.

 at /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/DBI.pm line 158
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at
/usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/DBI.pm line 158.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at
/usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/Apache/DBI.pm line 4.

./apachectl start: httpd could not be started
following is the snippets from my httpd.conf file:
Alias /perl/  /zen/home/niral/Apache/apache/test/
#PerlRequire /zen/home/niral/Apache/apache/conf/startup.pl
PerlModule Apache::DBI ### This is line 935

<Location /perl>
SetHandler  perl-script
PerlHandler Apache::Registry
PerlSendHeader On
Options ExecCGI
</Location>

<Location /perl-status>
SetHandler  perl-script
PerlHandler Apache::Status
</Location>
common problem for users on RedHat Linux... But couldn't find anything
for BSDI!!!!

I also found one link to
http://perl.apache.org/guide/troubleshooting.html#Can_t_load_auto_DBI_DBI_so_
but don't know how to check that thing?? I mean how can you check that
all modules are compiled with same perl version????

Please give me some idea on this..

Thanks in advance for your help..

Niral
--
Regards...
Niral K. Trivedi, Planet Access Network Inc.

Re: Apache::DBI problem..

Posted by Niral Trivedi <ni...@planet.net>.
Actually I already have MySQL module installed on our machine... Because
I am able to run cgi/perl script which uses DBI module..

I mean I am able to run any normal cgi script.. So, I think that
suggests that we have all the required module installed on our machine..

Niral

RE: Apache::DBI problem..

Posted by Stuart Pattullo <st...@pattullo.com>.
I have experienced a similar problem using the RedHat binary RPMs for Apache
and mod_perl (more than one version of each software).  Apache bails out,
with no error logged when you have PerlModule Apache::DBI in the httpd.conf.
I've seen this for more than one version of Apache and mod_perl, on more
than one version of RedHat, with DBD for either mySQL or pgSQL.

Curiously, PerlModule Apache::DBI::DEBUG=1 starts up fine.  As a workaround,
starting up httpd with PerlModule Apache::DBI commented out, then
uncommenting, and reloading (ie hangup, not stop/start) httpd works fine
(and the persistent connections work fine too).

Compiling Apache/mod_perl from source, or mod_perl via apxs seem to work
fine in both cases.

Is this a RedHat thing?

Stuart

Re: Apache::DBI problem..