Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Martin Kersten <ma...@gmail.com> on 2013/10/14 21:46:35 UTC

PageTester

I am currently rewriting the PageTester to fit a more general overall
experience by for example adding Page objects and bundle request and
response together and using a new request every
time. Also I use threads to render the response and being able to simply
issue several
requests at a time for profiling reasons (I want to check the behaviour of
the rendering
using several ways to test different service strategies for speed and
memory footprint).

So here is the big question. What is the limit of the page tester? As far
as I can see
it can render every page / component and since tapestry is started the same
way
the TapestryFilter does it I assume all the threading and alike are in
place.

Is it possible to test zones / ajax and cookies and multiple users and
alike? How far
did you guys pushed this? I will only use it for simple page flows since I
have a
selenium test case for this more complete things.

Are there any information about what the limits are?

Cheers,

Martin (Kersten)