Posted to user@openmeetings.apache.org by Sach <sa...@gmail.com> on 2019/05/22 05:33:35 UTC

Scaling OM to 150 concurrent users single room

We are on unbuntu AWS. What would be hardware requirements(approximate) to
support OM to 150 students. We can assume may be 2 instructor webcams and
screenshare or whiteboard.  Is there a hardware/performance recommendation
information somewhere online? I did try to find on OM website , found a
multi cast setup but nothing about actual recommendations or suggestions
for hardware as per some load.

Is it possible to support 500 concurrent users? What would be tentative set
up for that scenario? Lets assume that there will be only 1 active room for
now.

Re: OM API descriptions

Posted by Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com>.
OMRestService.php - Helper class to simplify GET/POST/DELETE calls and to
perform file encoding
OmGateway.php - PHP API to work with OM REST API
OmRoomManager.php - helper layer to perform conversions between Moodle data
objects and objects required by by OmGateway.php

--
WBR
Maxim aka solomax

OM API descriptions

Re: Donate button paypal, bitcoin etc

Posted by Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com>.
Hello Daniel,

There is an ASF policy: all donations should go via ASF
http://apache.org/foundation/contributing.html

--
WBR
Maxim aka solomax

Donate button paypal, bitcoin etc

Re: Scaling OM to 150 concurrent users single room

Posted by Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com>.
According to KMS report (please see the link from my previous answer)
KMS should be able to server 50+ users (BUT they uses The test machine was
an 8-core, 16GB RAM instance on AWS. and the CPU was almost fully utilized)
So you might consider to have KMS on separate instance with common network
FS (if you need recordings)

--
WBR
Maxim aka solomax

Re: Scaling OM to 150 concurrent users single room

Posted by Sach <sa...@gmail.com>.
Maxim,

Posted by Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com>.
4.0.9 has "theoretical" possibility to work on 150 users
I'm unsure about real numbers due to
1) previously Flash crashed earlier than the limit was reached
2) right now we do not environment to test

Here are the numbers about Kurento and 5.0:
https://www.kurento.org/blog/kurento-media-server-690-libnicer-and-performant
From what I read it should be possible to create Kurento cluster to scale

--
WBR
Maxim aka solomax

Re: Scaling OM to 150 concurrent users single room

Posted by Sach <sa...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com>.
Hello,

--