Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Deepak Shetty <sh...@gmail.com> on 2010/06/14 19:09:11 UTC

Re: custom add-on's response data not saved to SimpleDataWriter when in non-GUI mode

hi
Did you try setting
http://jakarta.apache.org/jmeter/usermanual/listeners.html

jmeter.save.saveservice.response_data=true

in jmeter.properties?

http://jakarta.apache.org/jmeter/usermanual/component_reference.html#Simple_Data_Writer
Note the comment " When running in non-GUI mode, the -l flag can be used to
create a data file. The fields to save are defined by JMeter properties. "

regards
deepak

On Mon, Jun 14, 2010 at 8:15 AM, <Er...@schange.com> wrote:

> I have written a add-on that writes sets the response data via
> SampleResult.setResponseData.  This seems to work well as the data shows
> up in the Response data tab for the View Results Tree listener.  It also
> gets written to the file in the Simple Data Writer when configured to Save
> Response Data.  However, the data isn't written to the file when run from
> the non-GUI cmd file.  What do I need to do?
>
> using JMeter 2.3.2
>
> Thanks

Re: custom add-on's response data not saved to SimpleDataWriter when in non-GUI mode

Posted by Er...@Schange.com.
tried changing jmeter.properties, no effect

using jmeter-n.cmd, which sets the -l file to end with .jtl.  the contents
of this file are the exactly the same as the one defined to output Simple
Data Writer--that is, no actual response data
  <responseData class="java.lang.String"/>

From:
Deepak Shetty <sh...@gmail.com>
To:
JMeter Users List <jm...@jakarta.apache.org>