Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by Scott Carter <ca...@gmail.com> on 2009/06/27 11:55:04 UTC

Using SSL with JSF

Sorry if this is a dumb question, but what is the proper way in jsf
navigation rules to direct to a secure page.  I already have all of the
certificates setup on the server, and can access any page using https.  The
question is, how do I make sure the navigation rule uses https ?  I guess I
could put a fully qualified url in the config, but what is the correct way
of doing this?  I would also need to redirect back to regular http after a
couple of forms.

Thanks in advance.

Re: Using SSL with JSF

Posted by Walter Mourão <wa...@gmail.com>.
For example, the following code (from web.xml) makes tomcat use SSL when the
resources under "/CadastrarServico/" are requested:

    <security-constraint>
        <web-resource-collection>
            <web-resource-name>cadastrar servico
resources</web-resource-name>
            <description>
                This collection bundles all pages and resources
                as well as the actions called in the "cadastrar servico"
use-case
            </description>
            <url-pattern>/CadastrarServico/*</url-pattern>
        </web-resource-collection>
        <auth-constraint>
            <role-name>Autoridade</role-name>
            <role-name>Administrador</role-name>
            <role-name>Gerente</role-name>
        </auth-constraint>
        <user-data-constraint>
            <transport-guarantee>CONFIDENT</transport-guarantee>
        </user-data-constraint>
    </security-constraint>

Walter Mourão
http://waltermourao.com.br