Posted to user@zookeeper.apache.org by Jun Rao <ju...@gmail.com> on 2010/08/16 22:47:06 UTC

client failure detectionin ZK

Hi,

What config parameters in ZK determine how soon a failed client is detected?
Thanks,

Jun

Re: client failure detectionin ZK

Posted by Patrick Hunt <ph...@apache.org>.
Generally it should be determined by your requirements around failure
detection/recovery.

The higher you set it the less susceptible to intermittent failures you
rare (brief network outages say, or GC pauses on the client). However
this means that it takes longer to discover/recover from a real failure.

The lower you set it the faster you'll discover/recover from a real
failure, but you also have the potential to see more "false positives".

Setting this really depends on your use case(s) -- your application
requirements. Typically I see btw 5 and 30 seconds being used.

Patrick

Posted by Patrick Hunt <ph...@apache.org>.