Posted to marketing@cloudstack.apache.org by Chip Childers <ch...@apache.org> on 2014/11/13 16:30:54 UTC

Re: [discuss] powered by (and other) logos

Sally,

Can we have the source vector image, so that we can modify?

Two things I'd suggest:

1 - We change the logo that's used in the middle to something that
fits (perhaps just monkey, but I know others have feelings that the
monkey is too "friendly").

2 - Make derivative logos that have words similar to what Giles is suggesting.

Posted by Sally Khudairi <sa...@yahoo.com>.
Thanks, Giles.

We created the logos using what we had. I had put the CloudMonkey in at first when I sent the (volunteer) design team my concepts.

When they were pulling together the logos, they put the full CloudStack logo. I agree it's awkward and illegible.

Other projects that have experienced similar issues have redesigned or fine-tuned their project logos, then added to the "Powered By" band and posted back up on the site. Apache Shindig is the latest to do so http://www.apache.org/foundation/press/kit/poweredBy/pb-shindig

I'm happy to accommodate the PMC/marketing teams however needed.

Cheers,
Sally

________________________________
Posted by Amy Lindberg <am...@appcore.com>.
Giles,

I agree with your statement. I finally had a chance to look at it myself
and to me the immediate focal point of the update Powered By Apache logo is
the outside, not the project logo itself.

I would recommend option 3 that you proposed. It is very typical for a
Powered By logo to just have the words around the primary logo in some
fashion.

*Amy Lindberg*
Director of Operations

Office +1.800.735.7104  |  Direct +1.515.612.7792
Mobile +1.515.250.7003 |  www.appcore.com

The information in this message is intended for the named recipients only.
It may contain information that is privileged, confidential or otherwise
protected from disclosure. If you are not the intended recipient, you are
hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution, or the taking
of any action in reliance on the contents of this message is strictly
prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, do not print it or
disseminate it or its contents. In such event, please notify the sender by
return e-mail and delete the e-mail file immediately thereafter. Thank you.

Posted by Giles Sirett <gi...@shapeblue.com>.
Hi guys

Giles.Sirett@shapeblue.com<ma...@shapeblue.com>