Posted to dev@subversion.apache.org by David Beazley <be...@cs.uchicago.edu> on 2003/02/20 01:59:29 UTC

[Swig] Does GCC 2.96 have trouble building SWIG 3.1.17?

Karl Fogel writes:
 > Hi, I'm trying to build SWIG 3.1.17 on RedHat 7.0, using GCC 2.96.  I
 > think what I'm encountering is a GCC problem, not a SWIG problem, but
 > wanted to know if anyone else had seen it (and maybe knows a
 > workaround), before I upgrade GCC.  Google seems to know nothing about
 > this, which makes me wonder if my tool chain is broken in some rare
 > and special way :-).

As far as I know GCC-2.96 is completely broken on RH-7.0.  I couldn't
get it to build SWIG, Python, and a number of other packages.  I never
futzed around with it long enough to ever resolve any of the problems
(life is too short).  I just installed a different Linux distribution.
Good luck.

Cheers,
Dave

Re: [Swig] Does GCC 2.96 have trouble building SWIG 3.1.17?

Posted by Kevin Grover <ko...@yahoo.com>.
gcc in RH 7 (2.96) is broken AND unsupported.  It was
a development build.  There is info on this on the gcc
GNU site.  You should either upgrade RH distro or
install a new gcc