Posted to legal-discuss@apache.org by Samisa Abeysinghe <sa...@gmail.com> on 2005/12/05 06:28:00 UTC

Licensing issues with PHP skeletons

Hi All,
   We are developing an Axis 2 C binding for PHP.
   We modify some of the code templates generated by the PHP skeleton
generation tool. The code templates contain a PHP license notice.
However, we add considerable amount of code into these skeletons to get
the binding working.
   My problem is, what is the license under which we should be releasing
our modified template?

I have given below the license notice generated by PHP tool:

/*
 | PHP Version 5                                                        |
 | Copyright (c) 1997-2004 The PHP Group                                |
 | This source file is subject to version 3.0 of the PHP license,       |
 | that is bundled with this package in the file LICENSE, and is        |
 | available through the world-wide-web at the following url:           |
 | http://www.php.net/license/3_0.txt.                                  |
 | If you did not receive a copy of the PHP license and are unable to   |
 | obtain it through the world-wide-web, please send a note to          |
 | license@php.net so we can mail you a copy immediately.               |
 | Author:                                                              |
*/

Thanks,