Posted to users@zeppelin.apache.org by Ruslan Dautkhanov <da...@gmail.com> on 2018/03/19 18:10:48 UTC

"IPython is available, use IPython for PySparkInterpreter"

We're getting " IPython is available, use IPython for PySparkInterpreter "
warning each time we start %pyspark notebooks.

Although there is no difference between %pyspark and %ipyspark afaik.
At least we can use all ipython magic commands etc.
(maybe becase we have zeppelin.pyspark.useIPython=true?)

If that's the case, how we can disable "IPython is available, use IPython
for PySparkInterpreter" warning ?

--
Ruslan Dautkhanov

Re: "IPython is available, use IPython for PySparkInterpreter"

Posted by an...@gmail.com, an...@gmail.com.
I already filed an issue: Checkout https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ZEPPELIN-3290

Jeff Zhang wanted to wait for other users feedback there.

Posted by Felix Cheung <fe...@hotmail.com>.
I think that's a good point - perhaps this shouldn't be a warning.

We're getting " IPython is available, use IPython for PySparkInterpreter "
warning each time we start %pyspark notebooks.

Although there is no difference between %pyspark and %ipyspark afaik.
At least we can use all ipython magic commands etc.
(maybe becase we have zeppelin.pyspark.useIPython=true?)

If that's the case, how we can disable "IPython is available, use IPython for PySparkInterpreter" warning ?

--
Ruslan Dautkhanov