Posted to dev@subversion.apache.org by Daniel Shahaf <d....@daniel.shahaf.name> on 2022/01/24 14:34:23 UTC

The pristineless-hack branch (was: Re: A two-part vision for Subversion and large binary objects.)

Daniel Shahaf wrote on Mon, Jan 24, 2022 at 09:14:32 +0000:
> Incidentally (and off-topic for this particular subthread), there's also
> a pristineless-hack branch:
>
>     https://svn.apache.org/r1769826

The branch fails to build because temp_pristines.h was not committed.
Stefan, I don't suppose you still have a copy of that file?  It's
a 5+ years old hack that was committed directly from a trunk wc, so I'm
not holding my breath, but asking just in case.

The branch's design seems to be:

- No pristines stored (see svn_wc__db_pristine_check())

- Pass around libsvn_wc a callback, supplied by libsvn_client, that
  fetches files from libsvn_ra.  (The callback's implementation is
  fetch_rev_file(), of type rev_file_func_t.)

- Pristines installed where needed (e.g., revert_wc_data())

Presumably, pristines are vacuumed at some point (otherwise the
svn_wc__db_pristine_check() short-circuit would be wrong), but I haven't
been able to find where.

Cheers,

Daniel