Posted to users@solr.apache.org by Jan Høydahl <ja...@cominvent.com> on 2023/05/23 09:12:47 UTC

Help needed testing new systemd script (SOLR-14410)

Hi all,

We have an excellent contribution in https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-14410 and  https://github.com/apache/solr/pull/428 to switch to systemd init script for Solr.

Before we can merge we need help testing it on more Unix flavours. Do you have access to RHEL, CentOS or OpenSuse and want to help testing then give us a ping in the JIRA issue or PR.

Jan

Re: Help needed testing new systemd script (SOLR-14410)

Posted by Gus Heck <gu...@gmail.com>.
OH this is good news. I can try it out. It would be nice not to always have
to write my own

--
http://www.needhamsoftware.com (work)
http://www.the111shift.com (play)

Re: Help needed testing new systemd script (SOLR-14410)

Posted by Shawn Heisey <ap...@elyograg.org>.
On 5/23/2023 3:12 AM, Jan Høydahl wrote:
> We have an excellent contribution in https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-14410 and  https://github.com/apache/solr/pull/428 to switch to systemd init script for Solr.
>
> Before we can merge we need help testing it on more Unix flavours. Do you have access to RHEL, CentOS or OpenSuse and want to help testing then give us a ping in the JIRA issue or PR.

I think I wrote this on the issue:

I have an infrastructure where I can easily create VMs to try this out
on many different operating systems.  Point me at an installer for an OS
you'd like to try it on and I can give it a whirl.  If I can figure out
the installer!

A systemd service would make installation a LOT more bulletproof.  Seems
like at least once a month I learn about a new thing that systemd has
built in that used to require a dedicated service.

Thanks,
Shawn