Posted to dev@lucene.apache.org by Uwe Schindler <uw...@thetaphi.de> on 2013/06/26 18:48:10 UTC

Java 8 feature complete

Hi all,

I just installed JDK 8 b94 on the policeman Jenkins server. According to Mark Reinhold this is the feature complete version of JDK 8, see http://mail.openjdk.java.net/pipermail/jdk8-dev/2013-June/002686.html. Now it is time for extensive bug hunting! The release candidates will appear end of the year latest (hopefully). At this time we should really fix all test in Solr that constantly fail with Java 8. I deactivated them a while ago with an assumption (using Constants).

Uwe

-----
Uwe Schindler
H.-H.-Meier-Allee 63, D-28213 Bremen