Posted to dev@tuscany.apache.org by Mike Spendlove <mo...@engmail.uwaterloo.ca> on 2007/08/01 17:32:48 UTC

Maven Build Issues with SCA 0.91 and later

Hey Tuscany gurus,

I've been (unsuccessfully) trying to get the SCA source code to build for
the last day or two using Maven. While I eventually got the 0.91 baseline to
build, I've had no real progress on the HEAD code. The most common problem
when building either the baseline or Head (using mvn or 'mvn -U -cpu') is
missing artifacts, although since the absent resource is often a Tuscany
file, I've been able to fix some of the issues by just running mvn in the
required directory. That only gets me so far with the HEAD, since I either
end up trying to build a resource that's missing other dependencies I can't
get to build or I get a ClassNotFoundException.

For example, my most recent error stated I was missing this artifact: "
org.apache.tuscany.sca:tuscany-itest-contribution-import-export-contrib-composite:jar:1.0-incubating-SNAPSHOT
"

I tried running maven in Tuscany\java\sca\itest\contribution-import-export
but got this error:
Running helloworld.HelloWorldServerTestCase
Tests run: 2, Failures: 0, Errors: 2, Skipped: 0, Time elapsed: 2.688 sec
<<< FAILURE!
testPing(helloworld.HelloWorldServerTestCase)  Time elapsed: 2.578 sec  <<<
ERROR!
org.apache.tuscany.sca.contribution.service.ContributionResolveException:
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: helloworld.HelloWorldImpl

Other files I've had to build manually include:

-org.apache.tuscany.sca:tuscany-interface-java:jar:1.0-incubating-SNAPSHOT
-org.apache.tuscany.sca:sample-helloworld-dojo:war:1.0-incubating-SNAPSHOT
-
org.apache.tuscany.sca:tuscany-implementation-notification:jar:1.0-incubating-SNAPSHOT
-org.apache.tuscany.sca:tuscany-topology:jar:1.0-incubating-SNAPSHOT
and a few others...

None were available when I navigated to their location using my browser.

The POM files all seem to roughly match the directory structure (any missing
or commented modules in the POM file are not the ones causing problems in
the build) and I've tried clean builds repeatedly (cleaning my local
repository and the target directories) with no luck.

My setup:
-Intel Core 2/2 GB Ram/Win XP
-Maven 2.0.7 (although I've also tried 2.0.6)
-Java SE 5 (JDK 5.0_12) since Java SE 6 was causing javax problems:

Running crud.CRUDTestCase
Tests run: 1, Failures: 0, Errors: 1, Skipped: 0, Time elapsed: 0.625 sec
<<< FAILURE!
testCRUD(crud.CRUDTestCase)  Time elapsed: 0.578 sec  <<< ERROR!
javax.xml.stream.FactoryConfigurationError: Provider
javax.xml.stream.XMLInputFactory could not be instantiated:
java.lang.InstantiationException
        at javax.xml.stream.XMLInputFactory.newInstance(XMLInputFactory.java
:158)

-going through a web proxy configured as below: (although I've tried direct
and not resolved any issues.)

 <proxies>
    <proxy>
      <active>true</active>
      <protocol>http</protocol>
      <host>gateway.xxx</host>
      <port>8000</port>

<nonProxyHosts>10.*.*.*|172.*.*.*|192.*.*.*|*.xxx|sysgroupsps1|localhost|127.0.0.1</nonProxyHosts>
    </proxy>
  </proxies>

Any suggestions as to how I can find the missing artifacts (perhaps a better
repository?) are greatly appreciated!

Thanks for your help,
-Mike

Re: Maven Build Issues with SCA 0.91 and later

Posted by Luciano Resende <lu...@gmail.com>.
Hi Mike

   This is a MAVEN issue, and we are trying to get help from the maven
developers [1]. In the meantime, a workaround we found was to publish
snapshots of all artifacts, the ones you mentioned, for
itest/contribution-import-export were renamed recently, let me publish
new snapshots in one hour or so, I'll let you know when they are
published.

[1] http://www.mail-archive.com/tuscany-dev%40ws.apache.org/msg20844.html

--
Luciano Resende