Posted to user@geronimo.apache.org by PeterAU2 <in...@plusplus.com.au> on 2007/11/01 03:15:59 UTC

Building sample project - maven error

Hi. Newbie simple question.

I'm trying to build the simple project from
http://cwiki.apache.org/GMOxDOC20/very-simple-session-ejb-example.html

I've downloaded the file
http://cwiki.apache.org/GMOxDOC20/very-simple-session-ejb-example.data/mytime_.zip
and unzipped it.

I've installed Maven 2.0, and can check it with mvn -version
Maven version: 2.0.7
Java version: 1.5.0_04
OS name: "windows xp" version: "5.1" arch: "x86"

When I try to build the source, using mvn clean install site
I get a raft of errors, starting with:

[INFO] Scanning for projects...
Downloading:
http://people.apache.org/repo/m2-snapshot-repository/org/apache/geronimo/samples/samples/2.0-SNAPSHOT/samples-2.0-SNAPSHOT.pom
[INFO]
[ERROR] FATAL ERROR
[INFO]
[INFO] Failed to resolve artifact.

GroupId: org.apache.geronimo.samples
ArtifactId: samples
Version: 2.0-SNAPSHOT

  org.apache.geronimo.samples:samples:pom:2.0-SNAPSHOT

from the specified remote repositories:
  apache-snapshots (http://people.apache.org/repo/m2-snapshot-repository)

[INFO]
[INFO] Trace
org.apache.maven.reactor.MavenExecutionException: Cannot find parent:
org.apache.geronimo.samples:samples for project:
null:calculator-stateless-pojo:pom:null f
or project null:calculator-stateless-pojo:pom:null

If I try just browsing to the URL:
http://people.apache.org/repo/m2-snapshot-repository/org/apache/geronimo/samples/samples/2.0-SNAPSHOT/samples-2.0-SNAPSHOT.pom
I get a 404.

Am I doing something blatantly wrong?

Thanks for your help

Peter

SOLVED: Re: Building sample project - maven error

Posted by PeterAU2 <in...@plusplus.com.au>.
Yes, that was it. Thanks for your help.
Peter

Posted by Jarek Gawor <jg...@gmail.com>.