Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Cliff Skolnick <cl...@organic.com> on 1996/04/29 21:19:12 UTC

WWW Form Bug Report: "Posting forms to html page." on Solaris 2.x (fwd)

no ack sent

--
Cliff Skolnick                                      cliff@organic.com

safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." -- Benjamin Franklin, 1759

Posted by Brian Behlendorf <br...@organic.com>.
> Regarding:
>
> >501 Not Implemented
> >
> >We are sorry to be unable to perform the method POST to non-script at this time.
> >
> >If you would like to see this capability in future releases, send the method which failed, why you would like to have it,
> >and the server version Apache/0.6.5 to
> >http://www.apache.org/
>
> Why can't form submissions be directed to a static page?  It would be nice
> to be able to "dummy" a form submission for prototyping or for
> presentation purposes.
>
> I'm not the webmaster at AAnet, just a content developer using their ISP services.

You could just set the form method to "GET" - you'll get some cruft in
the URL of the resulting page but it will probably be served.

	Brian

brian@organic.com  |  We're hiring!  http://www.organic.com/Home/Info/Jobs/