Posted to derby-dev@db.apache.org by Abhinav Gupta <ab...@gmail.com> on 2015/02/09 21:31:38 UTC

Suit runall file not found for a few suits.

Hi,

I was running Derby test and I was executing the test suites, but for
derbynetmats, jdbcapi, jdbc20, jdbc4, jdk14, nist,  the message that I get
is* "**suit runall file not found "*

I have got No failures for most of the other tests. What can I do for the
list of suits above ?

Thank you very much :)

Abhinav.

Re: Suit runall file not found for a few suits.

Posted by Myrna van Lunteren <m....@gmail.com>.
On Mon, Feb 9, 2015 at 12:31 PM, Abhinav Gupta <ab...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I was running Derby test and I was executing the test suites, but for
> derbynetmats, jdbcapi, jdbc20, jdbc4, jdk14, nist,  the message that I get
> is* "**suit runall file not found "*
>
> I have got No failures for most of the other tests. What can I do for the
> list of suits above ?
>
> Thank you very much :)
>
> Abhinav.

Hi,

The runall files are part of the 'old', master based testing harness as
described in the README.htm file under java/testing.
But the majority of the tests are now in junit format, and there the suites
are typically, but not always, part of the package and called _Suite.

What command exactly did you use to run those suites?

Please refer to http://wiki.apache.org/db-derby/DerbyJUnitTesting, and
http://wiki.apache.org/db-derby/DerbyTopLevelJunitTests

As Bryan suggested, If you are able to build (ant all) you should also be
able to run
        ant junit-system-mini

This will just run a subset of the tests; ant junit-all will run all tests.
Note also that running individual package suite files will not always work,
        ant junit-all
does some additional setup to make things work and runs all tests in
sequence.

Regards,
Myrna