Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Donald Ball <ba...@webslingerZ.com> on 2001/02/13 03:32:56 UTC

warning for xsp users

i've got a production box running cocoon-1.8.3dev on a linux box running
java blackdown 1.3fcs. after the servlet engine has been running for a
while, i sometimes get these errors for all xsp pages:

java.lang.InternalError: jzentry == 0
        at java.util.zip.ZipFile$2.nextElement(ZipFile.java:297)
        at sun.tools.java.ClassPath.getFiles(ClassPath.java:183)
        at sun.tools.java.Package.exists(Package.java:94)
        at sun.tools.java.Imports.resolve(Imports.java:146)
        at sun.tools.javac.SourceClass.basicCheck(SourceClass.java:1075)
        at
sun.tools.java.ClassDeclaration.getClassDefinition(ClassDeclaration.java:133)
        at sun.tools.javac.Main.compile(Main.java:500)
        at
org.apache.cocoon.processor.xsp.language.java.SunJavaCompiler.compile(SunJavaCompiler.java:86)
        at
org.apache.cocoon.processor.xsp.language.java.XSPJavaProcessor.compile(XSPJavaProcessor.java:132)
        at
org.apache.cocoon.processor.xsp.XSPProcessor.process(XSPProcessor.java:511)
        at org.apache.cocoon.Engine.handle(Engine.java:375)
        at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:588)
        at
org.apache.jserv.JServConnection.processRequest(JServConnection.java:314)
        at org.apache.jserv.JServConnection.run(JServConnection.java:188)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:484)

restarting the servlet engine clears up the problem. using the jikes
compiler makes the problem go away completely (though i have run across
the odd class that jikes just won't compile correctly). just an FYI. it
looks very much like a bug in the sun java compiler, so there probably
isn't much we can do about it. i only started seeing these errors after i
upgraded to jdk-1.3fcs.

- donald

Re: warning for xsp users

Posted by Donald Ball <ba...@webslingerZ.com>.
On Mon, 12 Feb 2001, Michael Engelhart wrote:

> I have a production box running 1.8.1 for several weeks and with moderate
> traffic with Sun FCS 1.3 for Linux intel and have never seen this problem.

maybe it's something with the blackdown branch. anyway, just wanted you
guys to keep your eyes out.

- donald

Re: warning for xsp users

Posted by Michael Engelhart <me...@earthtrip.com>.
I have a production box running 1.8.1 for several weeks and with moderate
traffic with Sun FCS 1.3 for Linux intel and have never seen this problem.

Mike