Posted to c-dev@axis.apache.org by Samisa Abeysinghe <sa...@wso2.com> on 2008/02/25 11:47:58 UTC

REST GET client broken?

When I run the echo rest client with -mGET, it sends
GET /axis2/services/echo/echoString?text=Hello%20World%21 HTTP/1.1

But with our latest desing, it should seng
GET /axis2/services/echo/echoString/Hello%20World%21 HTTP/1.1

Samisa...

Re: REST GET client broken?

Posted by Senaka Fernando <se...@wso2.com>.
Hi Samisa,

Well either is possible. If you stop attaching the payload it will send,
GET /axis2/services/echo/echoString, and to achieve number 2,
you will have to modify the endpoint to read
/axis2/services/echo/echoString/Hello%20World%21.

I didn't modify the logic so that it would convert the given payload to
something like /axis2/services/echo/echoString/Hello%20World%21 instead of
/axis2/services/echo/echoString?text=Hello%20World%21. AFAIK that is not
what is expected, as in GET and POST both, with REST, you still can have a
query field.

Regards,
Senaka

Re: REST GET client broken?

Posted by Senaka Fernando <se...@wso2.com>.
OK. See my reply to the previous too for a justification of why it was
left like that.

Regards,
Senaka.

Re: REST GET client broken?