Posted to dev@openmeetings.apache.org by Susheel Jalali <Su...@CoscendCommunications.com> on 2014/09/29 07:53:55 UTC

OpenMeetings Troubleshooting: Choose Devices gives only one "No Audio/video (static image)"

Dear Fellow Developers,

We are seeking your guidance to solve the following audio / video issue
we are facing in our OpenMeetings 3.0.3 installation.
*
OpenMeetings installation:*

At our NOC/data center, we are running a Centos 6.5 VM server on
XenServer 6.2.On this VM server, we installed OpenMeetings by compiling
from source code, along with all pre-requisite components (FFMPEG-2.3.3,
LAME-3.99.5,  SWFTools-0.9.2, Java/JDK 1.7.x, Open-Office4,
ImageMagick-6.5.4, Flashplugin-11.2, Ghostscript, MySQL-Connector, MySQL, SOX,
JODConverter 3, Firefox 33);and their dependencies.(e.g., freetype,
libX11-devel, libXau-devel, libxcb-devel, x264-libs,
xorg-x11-proto-devel, x264-devel, libx11-devel, libtheora, libvorbis)

Local workstation installation:We are accessing the display of the
server (Firefox localhost:5080) through Xming and PuTTY that are
installed our local Windows workstations.

The OpenMeetings instance starts properly.We are able to use the
Whiteboard features from local workstations.

*Issue we are facing:*

When we ENTER a ROOM, the "choose devices" popup does not show
audio/video choices. It gives only *"No Audio/Video (static image)"*

**

*Questions:*

·Will the OpenMeetings instance look for a PCI sound card on the CentOS
VM XenServer (at our NOC)?

·Will OpenMeetings' audio and video tunnel through X11 forwarded PuTTY
to our Xming server at local workstation?Or, do we need to install any
special multi-media server on the server or at our local workstation to
hear the audio/video?

Please advise possible ways to fix this error in our installation.

Susheel Jalali

Customer Operations Leader,

Coscend Communications Solutions

Elite Premio Complex Suite 200 Survey No 7 & 8 Balewadi Pune 411045
Maharashtra India

Cell +91-9011000233

_Susheel.Jalali@CoscendCommunications.com_

Web site:www.CoscendCommunications.com
<http://www.coscendcommunications.com/>

*Coscend's**Software Service Factory*

"*Coscend Communications* is ... *pioneering a new approach*to ...
software applications development, and systems integration."

*Light Reading Network, *December, 2007

"*Coscend*is at the*vanguard of a new evolution*in telco OSS/BSS systems
integration."

*Caroline Chappell*
A leading authority in the communications services software industry

"There are *innovative*...*tools*from ... *Coscend *bubbling up, which
will help accelerate the data consolidation process and reduce its cost."

*Dennis Mendyk, */Editor,/Building a *Telco Service Factory*

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: See 'Confidentiality Notice Regarding E-mail
Messages from Coscend Communications Solutions' posted at:
http://www.CoscendCommunications.com/Terms_and_Conditions.html
<http://www.coscendcommunications.com/Terms_and_Conditions.html>