Posted to dev@ofbiz.apache.org by Pierre Smits <pi...@apache.org> on 2020/02/03 11:07:42 UTC

Github & notifications

Hi All,

With the move to Git, we can expect more pull request from Github (see also
other threads where postings regarding feature branches appeared).
Unfortunately, currently no notifications appear in a mailing list when
those PullRequests are initiated.

It seems to me that, if we  want to get more engagements (from github
contributors), aspects such as PullRequests should sent a notification to
the dev ml. Otherwise these PullRequests remain in limbo, and we risk of
losing these contributors.

Best regards,

Pierre Smits

*Apache OFBiz <https://ofbiz.apache.org>, contributor (without privileges)
since 2008*

Re: Github & notifications

Posted by Pierre Smits <pi...@apache.org>.
I agree. We should avoid having contributors create Github issues. That
requires education each time it happens. But human nature....
IMO, we can only suggest to the contributor who provides a PR that isn't
referencing a JIRA ticket that he must do so. And if it doesn't happen
close the PR without any other action.

I have looked into the aspect of having new JIRA tickets appear in the
GitHub repository as issues. Unfortunately I could not find a working
solution.

Best regards,

Pierre Smits

*Apache OFBiz <https://ofbiz.apache.org>, contributor (without privileges)