Posted to dev@tiles.apache.org by mck <mc...@apache.org> on 2016/03/09 12:58:38 UTC

[Report] Apache Tiles March 2016

 Apache Tiles is a free open-sourced templating framework for Java
 applications. Based upon the Composite pattern it is built to simplify
 the development of user interfaces.

## Activity:
 Activity in the Tiles community remains slow, slowing down further from
 last quarter. Questions and issues are still generally addressed
 quickly.
 Otherwise the majority of traffic remains on StackExchange and within
 the Spring community.

## Health report:
 The Apache Tiles project has dropped to the "urgent action required!"
 health status.
The significant issues with the health status are the low traffic on the
mailing lists, the lack of a release (despite one being promised), and
no new committers over the past two years.
The few active members are aware of the state of the project and most of
our attention goes toward keeping a stable project still communicating
with users and developers that have questions. Little time goes toward
trying to increase the project's momentum.

## Issues:
 There are no issues requiring board attention at this time.

## Releases:
 No releases were made this quarter.

## Mailing list activity:
 Mailing list activity has been quiet this quarter.

 - users@tiles.apache.org:
    - 148 subscribers (down -1 in the last 3 months):

 - dev@tiles.apache.org:

Re: [Report] Apache Tiles March 2016

Posted by Nicolas Le Bas <ma...@nlebas.net>.
Thanks Mck for taking the time to put together those reports.

I agree with the health status.
My own lack of involvement is part of the problem, unfortunately I don't
forsee an end to that in the near future.