Posted to dev@sling.apache.org by Ian Boston <ie...@tfd.co.uk> on 2009/10/15 01:23:58 UTC

ResourceProviderEntry2

Hi,

I have now completed a rewrite of ResourceProviderEntry as
ResourceProviderEntry2 and pushed the patch set to [1].

However I have one issue and one question.

Issue:

In the 16 of the integration tests there is a section of the code that
does

MKCOL path
GET path.txt

and expects a 201,200, however in the unit tests a 201,204 is
returned. (ie no content)

When I try and replicate the behavior against a standalone jar running
with

curl -X MKCOL http://localhost:8080/testingfolder
curl http://localhost:8080/testingfolder.txt

I get a 201,200.

In addition my application and its regression tests written in Ruby
and Perl also work perfectly with the replacement
ResourceProviderEntry2.

I was wondering if there was a timing issue that might be causing 204
in the integration tests. Any ideas ?

Question:

Since this is fundamental to the operation of Sling, perhaps it might
make sense to start a module under contrib to give others a chance to
check it before starting to think about it as a replacement.

WDYT?

Ian

1 http://codereview.appspot.com/124094 (with some really ugly
debugging at the moment)