Posted to fop-dev@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Kurt Spescha <ku...@consor.ch> on 2002/10/14 14:45:40 UTC

Tables longer than 1 page

Hi,

Is it possible that tables which are greater than one page can have some
strange behavoiurs? A. ex that text-align="end" doesn't work or that a
column get shorter as the other ones, if they are only filled to a
certain degree (in my case a column of 13.5. cm which is only filled
with text of 1 cm - the problem is always near 12.5 cm, that means, when
the gap is greater than 12.5cm, the next cell doesn't appear under the
cell before).

We are using most of the attributes possible (i.e. space-after,
space-before, margin-left, margin-right), sometimes they appear to be
zero. Can this cause problems, should only attributes with a value be
used? Should space-start, space-end be used instead of margin-left,
margin-right?

rgrds Kurt

Re: Tables longer than 1 page

Posted by Oleg Tkachenko <ol...@multiconn.com>.
Kurt Spescha wrote:

> Is it possible that tables which are greater than one page can have some
> strange behavoiurs? A. ex that text-align="end" doesn't work or that a
> column get shorter as the other ones, if they are only filled to a
> certain degree (in my case a column of 13.5. cm which is only filled
> with text of 1 cm - the problem is always near 12.5 cm, that means, when
> the gap is greater than 12.5cm, the next cell doesn't appear under the
> cell before).
Well, a small example is always worth more than words.

--
Oleg Tkachenko
eXperanto team